Highly recommended How do people fool others on social media in India?

How do people fool others on social media in India?

If you are active on social media, you surely might have heard the story of an 80-year-old man whose story went viral. Due to the pandemic, his daily earnings became almost negligible.

The kind hearts of social media helped this man by thronging to his ‘Baba ka Dhaba’ to help this man and his wife. Even Zomato helped him increase his sales by listing the dhaba on their app.

Great news, right? What can be bad about this? Continue reading…


I casually opened Zomato Delhi to check if Zomato’s listing was real (Don’t ask me why. I’m a curious soul).

I searched Baba ka Dhaba, Malviya Nagar. The below page opened.

It was listed somewhere that this place has been having a lot of orders in the past few days. I went on to read the reviews. That is when these two reviews struck me.

I went on to see the photos. Look how cleverly the owner of this place just blurred its original name and changed it to ‘Baba ka Dhaba’.

This is how people are fooled over the internet. No wonder how many customers has the fake ‘Baba ka Dhaba’ guy stolen from the original ‘Baba ka Dhaba’.

Note: Although the question asks for social media, I have written about Zomato which is not one.

Comments